Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bring Us Your In-Laws

`
I like amusement parks...

Especially the ones with quirky, unique rides.

I remember going to Disneyland as a teenager, and thinking 'Gee, wouldn't it be great to -live- here?!'. Then I grew up and realized that perhaps a few more vegetables and a few less decibels might make for a better life.

Yet I still yearn to see these two in person:

{14 sec}
Cool Water Slide in St. Joseph, Missouri.


and
Wildwood NJ's not-so-spooky boat ride:

{76 sec}

Marvel at the bright day-glow colors.

Then lol at that final sign inside.


Thrills for the entire family...

so plan ahead for Halloween. ;-)



For our H'ween TThursday topic: 'Thrill'
==============================
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. That first one in particular is rather striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the kinda of rides I like to take. Ones where I can still stay on the ground in my house and I get the feel of the ride.

    Fear of heights does keep one from wanting to go on most rides. I am not sure why I am okay on the rides at Disneyland, but I can say that it was still fairly new the first time I went there. Okay, I am thinking half of it was not even there back then and we had to buy those Alphabet tickets back then, something most people have no clue about which I write.

    Anyway loved your Happy Halloween Thrill post. It was hard to pick one out that worked for those who do not celebrate Halloween and have one for those who do.

    Thanks for playing Theme Thursday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second ride would have been "spookier" without the blasted ads! :)

    And I couldn't read the sign at the end. Too dark on my monitor screen. :(

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete