On the 10th anniversary of food maven Craig Claiborne's passing... here's my favorite chicken recipe of his:
Tarragon Chicken Crepes
2 cups cooked chicken cut into 'dice' cubes1. Cut chicken, and set aside.
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
Salt to taste, if desired
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 tb chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp dried
8 crepes (use your favorite recipe)
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley.
* reserve the cooking liquid (if homemade)
2. Heat butter in a pan and add the flour, whisk together.
When blended and smooth, add the broth, stirring rapidly with the whisk. Add the cream, salt and pepper to taste, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and tarragon.
3. Add half of the sauce to the chicken and stir to blend.
4. Use equal portions of the chicken filling to fill each of eight crepes. Fold the crepes as desired, two per plate.
5. Spoon the remaining cream sauce over each serving, and sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish and flavor.
Yield: Four servings.