Saturday, November 6, 2010

Leaf Away With Me

my 'Leaf on Water'
'Leaf on Water' - I walked by a leaf on a puddle today. All around it was a strong reflection of the sky. That became the challenge for my left hand today.
(I'm normally right-handed)
Is the blue 'shimmery' enough to be water?
Or does it just look like I distorted a blue sky?

I used the highlight/hold-shift function to slide color in the leaf, and used the rudimentary 'airbrush' function for the water. Perhaps a bit too rudimentary, since its hard to get a genuine 'dappled' look that way. Then again, I wanted to capture the impression of it, and not necessarily duplicate the reality... :-/
My 'Art Every Day' Month piece for 11/6



Plus a video of the season; love the images he chose:
{3 min}
Paolo Nutini singing 'Autumn'

================
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. :-) Your leaf made me smile. Did I understand correctly, that you did the coloring on the computer, digitally? I have yet to try digital art... feel so woefully behind on many creative pursuits that I don't begin for fear of it overtaking my life completely.

    One of my collages in a local art show today is called "Leaf Me Alone!" LOL.

    So grateful to have found you today through AEDM2010.

    Read my AEDM2010 check in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite striking - leaves make such a great subject for art.

    ReplyDelete